Cà phê sữa đá is possibly one of the best inventions to come out Vietnam - closely followed by pretty much the rest of Vietnamese cuisine. The combination of dark roast coffee and condensed milk could have been devised by mẫu Địa Phủ herself.
Our version simply substitutes Vietnamese dark roast for our own, lighter flavoured and more mellow cold brew. The fresh flavours of Mana are a perfect balance against the rich sweetness of condensed milk. Served over ice, this drink is ideal for sitting out on a balcony, on a hot summer's day and munching on a rice paper roll.
What you'll need:
- 1 - 2 serves of Mana Cold Brew (depending on how much you want to use)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons condensed milk (use more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
- A handful of ice cubes
- A glass
Whatcha gotta do:
- For the best results, pour the cold brew into the glass and stir in the condensed milk. Continue stirring until fully mixed.
- Drop in the ice cubes, give it another stir and sip contentedly.
- If you want to get a little naughty, throw in a shot of vodka... just sayin'...