Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. Examples include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
MANA's privacy principles
Mana shows its respect to for your privacy with these three principles:
- We will only collect what we need in order to deliver you a great experience.
- We will tell you what we collect.
- We will never disclose your information except in accordance with this policy.
what we collect
We may collect your:
- email address;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising (see the section on cookies below).
why we collect
We may collect your personal information in order to:
- enable you to access and use our website, and to enable website functionality such as social media sharing;
- operate, protect, improve and optimise our website through Google Analytics and Adwords, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
We may disclose your information to:
- our employees and related bodies corporate; and
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you).
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your personal information.
accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.